OUCH! My sore head after the weekend.
15th September 2014
I think I had a lucky escape over the weekend, perhaps I'm over dramatising the whole thing but I believe I was very lucky not to have spent most of Saturday in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's accident and emergency department.
My wife was about to paint the little boys room and obviously needed to clear it out first, I told her not to move any furniture and I would help if she needed it. I’d left Jo alone for five minutes to nip downstairs and make her a nice warm brew while little to my knowledge she’d decided not to wait and that she would move his bed. While I was happily minding my own business walking up the stairs, there was an almighty thump, and I fell to the ground spilling scolding tea all over the carpet. Turns out one of the wooden slats underneath my sons bed had come lose just I was parallel with it at the bottom of the stairs. I was in absolute agony and in complete shock, I had no idea what had happened, all I did know is that my head was pounding like nothing I'd ever felt before. I went straight to the sink and chucked as much water over my noggin as I possibly could whilst screaming my head off. I was expecting to see blood before my eyes and lots of it, but luckily it didn't bleed and the only evidence of the mishap now is a little lump, but boy did it hurt!
After discussing this with friends it seems the majority of them believe perhaps my wife was waiting at the top of the stairs with the plank of wood in hand, if so she's a real good shot. I guess it's possible because the boy and I were heading out to watch football for the afternoon leaving her at home to do the decorating herself. With that in mind, I think they could possibly be right!
Everything ended up good though, his room looks great and King’s Lynn won their FA Cup Match 7-0! I say everything turned OK, I've just put my headphones on in the studio for the first time, oh the pain!
Posted by Simon Rowe at 2:52pm