KL.FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01553 771778

Carbon Mononoxide Detector Saves A Life in Wisbech

fire engine

8:10am 4th July 2013

There's a warning for people in Wisbech and West Norfolk to invest in a Carbon Monoxide detector after one saved a life earlier this week.

Fire crews were called after it went off on Tuesday night at an address at Horseshoe Terrace in Wisbech.

One person was treated after inhaling the gas which can cause brain damage or even kill in a short amount of time.

It's thought a faulty boiler was to blame.

Richard Dykes is the Community Risk Manager from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service says Carbon Monoxide is in some ways more dangerous than normal gas:

"It's a silent killer, you can't smell it, you can't see it. You don't know that your boiler, or your wood buring stove, or your barbeque is leaking the fumes into the air you breathe. A detector can warn you that it's building up to a dangerous level and you're at risk of death."


The detectors are available from most DIY stores and cost £10 - £15


Share This Story


We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.