King's Lynn Police - Family Room - UPDATE
22nd November 2012
What an amazing day! Thanks to everyone who listened and helped KL.FM help King's Lynn Police Station. We have been completely blown away by the generosity of everyone.
Please read my previous blog entry for full details, but thanks to KL.FM listeners children who find themselves at the Police Station through no fault of their own, when their carer or parents have done something wrong and have nowhere else to go, will thanks to you feel a little bit more at home, a little bit more at ease and less intimidated by their surroundings.
On Tuesday 20th November I delivered the donations below to King's Lynn Police Station who were overwhlemed by the sheer amount of goodies I delivered in our Storm from Duff Morgan Citroen. The family room really is tiny and didn't feel very welcoming for a child. But now thanks to you it's much better. Hear what PCSO Daina Rayfield had to say about the donations and how the room is used.
Here are all the wonderful people that have made this possible and their amazing donations.
- Everyone at BookLife in Kings Lynn who've donated £250 worth of books.
- Nannette in King's Lynn who gave us a Travel Cot.
- Mick in King's Lynn gave a booster seat to help the Police transport children safely.
- Tammy at Norfolk Tea Rooms who provided nappies and a changing mat.
- Kenny from AM Painting Services who has offered to spruce the room up.
- The Gunnel Family who gave us loads of colouring pens, pencils & colouring stuff.
- Matt in King's Lynn offered his sons old games for the Game Cube.
- Richard at Bookers Cash & Carry has given a couple of crates of cartons of drink.
- Sarah Kirk has given us another booster seat.
- Ami and the Community Team at Tesco’s, Hardwick provided nappies and wipes.
- Mel and the team at Mothercare donated a travel cot, sheets and bedding.
- An amazing Spiderman ride on car for toddlers from Tot Cars.
- A sofa for children to feel more at home rather than office chairs from April at the Burger Bar.
- 2 car seats and a baby carrier from Mandy Kenna in King's Lynn.
- Some amazing toys and educational activities from Learning Resources in King's Lynn.
- Booster seats and a Mama's & Papas doll with pram from Abi in Narborough
- Francis Bone is an interior designer and has offered his services to make the room nicer.
- Didi & Linda from Lynn have an unused booster seat for us.
- Fozzy from our travel cupboard has donated some old Game Cube games.
- The staff at CEX in Lynn also dipped in to their own pockets for some Game Cube stuff too.
- Michelle in King's Lynn would also like to help design the new layout of the room
Thanks everyone so much!
I'm really blown away by the response to this
Posted by Simon Rowe at 4:42pm