BREAKING NEWS: Around 300 Norfolk jobs at risk

Blogs > Simon Rowe > June 2015

June 2015

Vulcan Bomber Last Flight West Norfolk

28th June 2015

Today was a special day for RAF Marham as former resident paid a flying a visit on its last ever flight.  The Vulcan bomber which last saw action during the Falklands war flew over the base before tipping its wings in salute above the Ouse.

The sound and site was something to behold,  if you missed it or were not on the flight path thanks to KL.FM listeners (listed below) you can experience a little of the day for yourself.

With thanks to

Angela Grey

Dan James

Robbie Williams
Becky Smith - West Winch
Haydn Cashmore - Sutton Bridge
Warren Etherington - West Lynn
JSN Photography
Emma Hunter
Dan James
Samantha Thompson
Laura Martin
Darren Davies
Kelly Bly

Did you see it?  Was it amazing?

Pups at the Pub - Lots of doggies!

27th June 2015

My week started at the House on the Green with my new best mate Merlin.  It was a gorgeous Saturday afternoon for a dog show so we took the mutt to enter him into some of the competitions and to enjoy a drink in the sun.

My son and I are very proud dog owners as I'm pleased to say Merlin who we rescued from the RSPCA at Easter picked up 3rd place out of 10 for "Best Rescue Dog"

My son Jake with Merlin the Doggy!

Meatballs

20th June 2015

How many meatballs could you in eat in 30 seconds?  This video is the result of my Meatball Challenge at the opening of Subway on the High Street, King's Lynn last week.

Arnold Schwarzenegger 's prank

19th June 2015

What a legend, Arnie has been raising cash for charity by pranking members of the public at a waxwork museum!

This is funny!

BackToSchool

17th June 2015

Back to school

On Tuesday I went to see my little mates from the "Fishy Times" at Gorefield Primary near Wisbech.  They interviewed me awhile ago about KLFM, my job and things I do.  The invite was to celebrate all of the businesses and people who had done the same and for the children to present their findings.

Learn more about Fishy news from two of its esteemed reporters below....

Wednesday my timetable sent me to Springwood High for the Year Six Careers Day.  I really enjoying chatting to students about my job because when I was 17 and said I wanted to be on the radio everyone laughed at me, including the tutors.  I was told to do work experience at an estate agents and think about getting a  proper job.

The school has a big media interest and I happily spoke for a good couple hours about my role and how I got it.  I think there will be at least two or three students knocking on KL.FM's door before too long!

It was also great to meet old friends from all kinds of professions across West Norfolk.

See if you spot anyone you know below.

Win Tickets to Avenue Q

3rd June 2015

Winner of the Tony Awards Triple Crown for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book, Avenue Q is part flesh, part felt and packed with heart and this week I'm giving away tickets to see it at the King's Lynn Corn Exchange. To to win just listen out for the cast of the show interrupting KLFM Breakfast each morning between 7am and 9am.

I caught up with Nicksy to chat about the show, it was possibly one of the most surreal interviews I've ever done about anything!

Avenue Q isn't necessarily the show you think it is! These puppets are not for children, this is very much an adult, comedy musical suitable for ages 14

Have a sneaky peak below and see my rehearsals with the cast in London below but 1sy check out the experts and the promo trail for the gig!

Just what is Simon Rowe from KLFM 96.7 up to?

Posted by Alive Corn Exchange on Tuesday, June 2, 2015