Blogs > SimonRowe > March 2016

March 2016

Big Smiles on little faces Easter Egg Appeal

25th March 2016

Easter

A word from the Charity's...

Over the last week I've spent every day after the show collecting Easter Eggs for children that may not have got one, kids without Mum or Dad or little ones perhaps in hospital or in care.

I would just like to say "thanks' for being part of it.  Ben my assistant & I collected over a 1000 eggs in just 6 days...

This year we even had some smiles on big faces thanks to a little visit to the Macmillan Centre at the QE.  Whilst at the hospital KLFM's car was parked outside the treatment centre and it dawned on me that there may be some patients inside that could do with something nice happening, so I found the biggest eggs we had been given and gave all of the chemotherapy patients a very nice surprise.  I think despite helping all of the children that was one of the day’s most special moment for me.

Here's where the chocolate went.

Easter Egg Appeal - Delivery Day

Posted by KLFM 96.7 on Thursday, March 24, 2016

Hope everyone enjoys their chocolate everywhere we deliverd including

QE Hospital – Childrens ward QE Hospital

Roxborough Day Care QE Hospiyal - A & E S

Scotty's Little Soldiers

Oasis Childrens Centre - Wisbech

Wisbech The Foodbank - Wisbech

Priory House – King’s Lynn (children in care/foster services)

The Salvation Army –Wisbech

Blossom House – King’s Lynn

Women’s Refuge's

Moorley House

Purfleet Trust

Bridge for Hero's

Vancouver Childrens Centre - King’s Lynn

Macmillan Centre, QE Hospital

Bridget is BACK!!!!

24th March 2016

Here's the official trailer for the movie due out in September.

Play your cards wrong

21st March 2016

You probably know by now Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Take Away was in King’s Lynn on Saturday giving Adam Banham is 5 minutes of fame when he was chosen to be on the show next week.

This morning I was hunting for other listeners who have been on the box and discovered that Richard from South Wootton was once on one of the best TV game shows ever.

He didn’t do too well that night in 2004 so we gave him another opportunity today…. But how did he do?

Listen

Ouch Ouch Ouch

20th March 2016

Well done to everyone at Sainsbury's in the Vancouver Quarter, King's Lynn who have been going to great pain to raise cash for charity this weekend!

Fella's watch if you dare!

Saturday Night Takeaway at Lynnsport

20th March 2016

Were you watching Saturday Night Takeaway yesterday?  Every week Ant & Dec send four sofa’s around the country to a secret locatiSaturday Night Takeaway - Lynnsporton, viewers have to find that sofa within a certain time to be in with a chance of winning “The best seat in the house” the following week when the next show is broadcast.  When the sofa on the running track in front of the seating area flashed up on screen I said to everyone in the front room “that looks like Lynnsport” and didn’t think anything else of it, turns out it was and quite a few people took a trip there to be on the tele.

I think that would have been a great oppertunity for 10,000 selifies too, oh well!

Here are just some KL.FM listeners who braved the cold…

Saturday Night Takeaway - Lynnsport

Thanks to Robert Palmer & Sally Bush and well done to Adam Banham from King's Lynn who was selected to visit the ITV show next week.

Adam is chatting to Si on tomorrow's KLFM Breakfast.

Saturday Night Takeaway - Lynnsport

Lee Scott amd family

1000 Minute Close but no cigar

16th March 2016

£1000 Minute

Bad luck to Paul in Stoke Ferry who came within in a whisker of winning £1000 today.

Everything was going so well until he reached the final question.

Share his pain and see if you would have won by clicking the link below.

If you'd like to play and win £1000 call me tomorrow at 8:10 on 01553 692192.

Joe McElderry Interview

15th March 2016

This morning we spoke to X Factor winner Joe McElderry who is starring as Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat all this week at the Alive Corn Exchange.

Joseph

I think Ross is a big fan, hear the interview below.

Linnets Press Conference

12th March 2016

Play off chasing King's Lynn FC faced Dorchester at the Walks today looking for a vital three points.

Despite facing only 10 men for the second half the crowd left disappointed after the Linnets lost 2-1.

How did manager Gary Setchell react to his teams performance.

Public Speaking

11th March 2016

Public Speaking

Public Speaking

Gaywood Primary, St Marthas Primary, Whitefriars Primary, Fairsted Primary, Greyfriars Primary and South Wootton Junior

Last night at Springwood High School pupils from six schools around King's Lynn attended a public speaking competition held by the King's Lynn Soroptimists.  Each group of children spoke about a chosen topic and where then judged by myself, actor and writer George Calway and the Lady Mayoress of King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Julie Manning.

We scored them on such things as delivery, timing, knowledge, presentation and audience contact, however in my eyes all of them were amazing as standing in front of a hundred people in a big hall is daunting for anyone let alone these children from year 6.

Congratulations however to boys and girls from St Marthas who narrowly took home the trophy on the night.

Schools Make Music

11th March 2016

Well done to everyone who performed at the Alive Corn Exchange on Tuesday night for Schools Make Music. Organised by the Trinity Rotary Clubs this event now in its 19th year showcases the talent of students across West Norfolk.

It was a privilege to host the event and I'm looking forward to next year already.

Congrats to everyone from...

Clenchwarton Primary

Reffley Primary

St Marthas

Fakenham Acedemy

Springwood High

Lavender Hill Theatre Company

Eastgate Academy

South Wootton Junior

Cherry Tree Academy in Marham

Greyfirars Primary

No Smoking Day

9th March 2016

Today is No Smoking Day

no-smoking-148825_960_720

I've never touched a cigarette as they say it stunts your growth so it’s probably good enough reason aside from the health effects that I haven't.

As I child I can remember thinking how much my parents smelt of smoke and my grandparents ceiling being stained with tobacco smoke, but what do your children think about you if you smoke.

Listen to the boys and girls from St Martha’s and South Wootton schools in King's Lynn.  They are very honest with their feelings about Mum & Dad.

George Martin 5th Beatle

9th March 2016

This morning I broke the sad news that George Martin had passed away, he was the man responsible for signing the Beatles.  He saw talent in John, Paul, George and Ringo when the record company didn't.  He went on to produce many of their hits and during his lifetime was behind over 700 songs.

Eve in Swaffham was fortunate to have met George and even worked with the Beatles on one occasion.

Listen to her amazing story about a great man she says was the kindest you could meet and what happened when she spent an afternoon with the Beatles.

Beatles

Beatles

The most emotional movie moment

8th March 2016

Which movie makes you cry?

The end scene from ET has topped as list of the most emotionally charged movie scenes today.  Tears are almost certain to fall as Elliot says goodbye to his friend for the final time, that or you'll get something in your eye.

But what other movies set you off?

OMG Armageddon - there's a film that made me cry - sobbed like a baby from about half way through. Helen from Saddlebow.

It's gotta be Titanic from Angela x

Good morning Rossco and Si how are you this morning Frozen made me cry when Anna and elsa made friends at the end love from Rhiannon

Hi Si , is it Titanic ?? The main film for me is Somewhere in time . It's got Christopher Reeve & Jane Seymour in . It's about a man who falls in love with a women in his 1st life but she's still alive in his 2nd life . Very sad X

I once cried at The Grey starring Liam Neeson. Not because it was sad, but because I'd had to sort a contact lens out and I'd just had nachos with jalapeños - Carrie from Kings Lynn.

Marley and me - Aimee

The green mile?

Mothers Day Flowers

6th March 2016

This morning I learned about hundreds of deserving Mums in West Norfolk & Wisbech each one special in their own way.  After the show at random I picked just one to recieve a special present from Bridgets Flowers in King's Lynn.

See the moment I delivered them below.

£1000 Minute how Dopey

4th March 2016

Did you hear the £1000 Minute this morning?

This morning Stu who contacted me to play via the website played for the very first time.

Have a listen to his amazing effort.

Just how Dopey does he feel now! (-:

Get in touch and let me know how you did or let me know if you'd like to play.

Ghostbusters 2016

4th March 2016

It's here.... almost

Oscar Goodie Bags

1st March 2016

On KL.FM Breakfast with Si this morning I revealed the contents of the goody bags given out at the Oscars on Sunday Night and one thing is for sure those that didn’t win most certainly didn’t leave empty handed!

Oscar

Inside your average Oscar Nominees bag was an amazing $200,000 worth of stuff!

• Free Audi car rentals worth $45,000
  • Free stays at hotels in Italy
  • Private training sessions
  • $900 toilet paper dispenser
  • 10 day first class trip to Israel worth $55,000

There was even $2000 worth of cosmetic surgery!

I don’t know about you but the last goodie bag I got at a party had crayons, a colouring book, a balloon and a slice of cake if I was lucky.

2017 (97)