Blogs > SimonRowe > September 2016

September 2016

Aero & Cesar

29th September 2016

Dogs

I'm so pleased to be able to share this...

I heard from Shamens Legacy who re-home dogs today about these two loveable fellas who were homeless after the terrible house fire in Heachem.  They needed to be homed by the weekend, prefarbely together and nearby for their family to see them so that hopfuly one day in the future they can welcome them home again.

About five minutes ago I heard from Shamens again, this is the message.

Aero and Cesar have a home to go to, but most importantly, they will be staying together locally in Grimston!

In such tragic circumstances Shaman's Legacy are really pleased to be able to offer some relief to a family who are dealing with the unimaginable right now, and once the dogs are settled I will make contact with Tanner so he can come see his dogs and see how happy and settled we're hoping they'll be.

Unfortunately rehoming bullbreeds is always a struggle because there's so many out there looking for homes so to be able to secure a future for 2 together is the most immense feeling! I'm really grateful to the family who will be helping us and to everyone who has contacted me today to offer what they can! Special thanks of course to Si at KLFM who answered my desperate messages this morning and pulled out all the stops to help these two special dogs.

Here's to a great future for Aero and Cesar xx

Thanks for your help in this!  Si

£1000 Minute Watch and Play

4th October 2016

Watch this mornings £1000 Minute.... How will you do?

Cesar & Aero need a home after Heachem house fire

29th September 2016

HELP

Meet Aero and Cesar who survived the fatal house fire house in Heachem at the weekend.

aero and cesar

These boys are in desperate need of foster homes!  Can you help Shamans Legacy re-home them as the family really don't want to lose them.

Aero is 3 years old, good with children, other dogs and all humans.

Cesar is 18 months old, good with adults and children not great with other pets but this can be worked on with the rescue support.

To help call Lindsey on 07943 812827.

If you can help they need to have a new home by the weekend.

Fivers

28th September 2016

FIVER

Have you been given a new £5 note yet?  I got four from the cash machine last night, and after sadly taking a picture and making a Facebook post about it Ispent them on a Chinese.  Turns out they might have been worth about £200 each?  Have you checked the serial number on yours?  If they start AA01 there one of the 1st so make sure you look.

This morning I heard lots of stories of how listeners had spent their first new fiver, listen below.

The Water in King's Lynn ain't flowing like it oughta

27th September 2016

Thousands of homes and businesses in King's Lynn and surrounding areas are without water this morning due to major supply problems.

It's not the worst thing in thw world but this morning I bet it felt like it.  At around 6:20am today it became apparent that a lot of peoples mornings were about to be turned upside.

ANGLIAN WATER

No water meant, no coffee first thing, no shower after your gym session, brushing your teeth would have been interesting, what about the dogs water bowl?  Then comes the school closures, that would have made your life a little awkward too, I mean what do you do?  Call the Grandparents, take the day of work, and take the children to work with you?

Listen to learn how listeners to the show dealt with the issue this morning.

Anglian Water say all should be fixed by 10am this morning.

Where the hell is Mel?

26th September 2016

Where the hell is Mel?

Judging by this picture I don't think you'll struggle finding her.

Where the Hell is Mel

Every day this week Mel and I will be hiding somewhere in West Norfolk, Wisbech or Fakenham and all you have to do is find us.  There’s hundreds of pounds worth of High Street Shopping Vouchers to be won and to help you locate us there is a clue each morning at 8:40 and 10:40.

There’ll be TWO chances to find us every day this week and this morning’s clue is below.

A little will help here, not a lot!

West Norfolk's Power Couples

23rd September 2016

Fed up with the Brangalina stories yet?  Even the FBI are involved now!

Now that the world’s most famous ‘Power Couple’ are no more, we need to find a replacement but they need to come from West Norfolk, Wisbech or Fakenham, in fact they just need to be a KLFM listener.

I’ve merged mine with my wife and it comes out Simo (Simon and Jo) not that good but what about you?

Meltin                       Melanie & Martin in Dereham

Ankel                        Kelly & Angie in King’s Lynn

Kayleigh                   Kayleigh & Kayeigh (haha)

Owly                         Emily & Owen in Gt Massingham

Marlou                      Louise & Marcus in Lynn

Karpet                       Karen and Pete the plumber in Lynn

Brill                           Bill and Karen in Walpole Highway

Ghoolie                     Glen and Julie in Lynn

Ravin’                       Rachel and Gavin

Rash                         Ross & Ashleigh

What’s yours?

Tweet me.

An amazing discovery

22nd September 2016

Is it true?

An amazing discovery

Something amazing has happened in Downham Market?

Are you in Downham have you got it?   Tweet me and let me know via @simonrowe.  You could even do it from under the Clock in centre of Town, you don't even have to wait till you get home or back to work like you normaly would!

BRANGELA

21st September 2016

I can't be the only person who's not really interested in the whole Brad and Angela story today.  I get the human interest and I understand the gossip, but for it to be lead story all night last night and today in the national news is just amazing.  There has to be light and shade with everything, it can't all be doom and gloom but a couple splitting up can't be more important than wars around the world can it?  Then there is the whole privacy thing, OK they chose their careers but their six children didn’t, it all seems a bit too much to me.  Judging by the response on social media, phones and texts to the show you reading this right now will agree

Laurie:

Not me, more important things going on in the world xx

Jan:

Who on earth decided it was the most important item on the national

news and gave it the number 1 slot?

Gary:

Not really headline news is it

Kim

Omg are u serious si? I've been crying all night I'm so so upset, Said nobody anywhere

Deb

Just goes to show you, can happen to anyone. Things aint always what

they seem in the Celeb world eh!

Collete

Every newspapers front page!!!

Liz

Pages of it in paper there are far more important things

Jason

No couldn't give a monkeys lol

Ally

Not about them at all.. But the children...yes

Tracey

Not me, i can't believe its such big news.

Wudge

Hi Si. I agree with you. Why can't people just leave Brad and Angelina alone  because I didn't hear Brad or Angelina in the paper or news worrying about my  divorce lol.

UK's Best Local Breakfast Show?

20th September 2016

ARIAS

As you may have heard I had an announcement to make on the show today after a very eventful Monday at KL.FM.  I'll tell anyone that asks that "Every day is different" at KL.FM, even after 18 years there's something new, fun or exciting all the time.  Yesterday was extra special not just for me but the station and I think anyone who has ever listened to my show.

ARIAS 2016 NOMINATION 1

You may remember KL.FM won UK Radio station of the Year a couple of years ago at the Sony's?  These awards have been replaced by the AIRIAS and yesterday myself the Managing Director and the programming team at KL.FM gathered round the tele to watch this year’s nominations with some chips!  To my shock and disbelief our little show on KL.FM has been nominated by a team of judges from across the industry.  To put the nomination into context, if I was Leonardo DiCaprio this would be an Oscar Nomination, it really is that special so as you might imagine I'm a little excited right now.

The awards take place in October and win or lose I'll be happy with just the nomination.  However I would like to say thanks for listening to the show because without being cheesy, if you didn't and you weren't part of what the team do on the show there would be no nomination.

You can't have your cake and iPad

19th September 2016

I have to be honest today has been one of the most memorable for me for reasons I'll explain on my show tomorrow, I have some very big news to share and I hope you'll be happy, almost as happy if that's possible as me.

IpadHoward

There have been plenty of other reasons to smile today, not least visiting the awesome Howard Junior School in Gaywood to present every single member of the new year three's with an iPad for life!  Every pupil in the school has one to help with their learning during their four years at the school.  It's a great initiative by Headmaster Mr Hill which truly invests in the pupils future.

Broadland Housing
A little later in the day I visited Broadland Housing and met some residents who had a nice afternoon with King's Lynn Police, The Foodbank and the Community Champion from Tesco on the Hardwick.  There was plenty of food and fun for the children and also lots of cake, lots and lots of cake which i had to taste Paul Hollywood style to pick a winner, which was tough as all the bakers were standing in front of me!  Now i know Mary Berry feels every Wednesday.  But to be fair even the cake that came last was delicious, it was a tough job but someone had to do it!

Traffic in Lynn

16th September 2016

First of all I'd like to say my thoughts go out to all involved in the incident that took place on the A149 yesterday evening and no matter how much stress and how late it may have made anyone else it's nothing compared to what happened to those involved.

I would like to make a plea to anyone else like myself who did find themselves stuck in the traffic however.  As you will have spotted it's very easy for Lynn to become a 'Car Park' when something like this happens, it's not helped by impatient drivers blocking exits, texting on their on the phone and generally being impatient.  I saw two if not three near misses through people texting, barging through tiny gaps and generally getting agitated with the traffic.  If somehow 'one in, one out' could be a law I believe the traffic situation last night could have eased much quicker, but as I'm sure you've felt yourself, in your mind you've been stuck for 60 minutes and you just wanna get home, stopping to help someone who may have been in the queue for just five minutes is something you just won't do.

What does amaze me though is just how bad it gets, I travel from Coventry in just over two hours and 30 minutes, yet it took just short of two hours to get from KLFM to Gaywood.

The Davis Cup at Lynnsport

13th September 2016

On Tuesday the Davis Cup came to Lynnsport, wow it's massive.  It's almost as big as me!

Davis Cup

West Norfolk Sport Awards 2016

12th September 2016

You may have heard already but KLFM's West Norfolk's Sports Awards have once again opened their nominations to find those that deserve recognition for their achievements in sport across West Norfolk.

Sports

This morning I spoke to a double winner at the awards, Owen Stannard picked up "Sports Man of the Year" last year and the year before and told me how it felt and what he's been up to since.

To make a nomination just click here.

Back to Eighties Quiz

9th September 2016

It's here, were gonna go Back to the Eighties tonight!

Can you beat an 80's legend at their own game, how much do you know about the decade.

Back to 80's

Cheryl Baker from Bucks Fizz

Pat Sharp

A very nice man..

8th September 2016

Back to the Eighties

Not everyone is going back...

Below is an email I recieved from a KL.FM listener this week.

From: Jo Cashmore
Date: 6 September 2016 at 22:25:58 CEST
Subject: Back to the 80s

Hi guys.
My friend and I are desperate to attend on Friday as our friend has managed to get her ticket but theyve sold out and have put me on a waiting list.  Therefore could you do requests regularly asking for people unable to attend now to let you know.  As I came up with this ingenious suggestion, could I have the first two tickets please.  Jo cashmore

I am strong beliver of "You don't geet if you don't ask", so we did and here it what happend.

Norfolk's Paralympians

7th September 2016

The Paralympics begin in Brazil tonight and the nations hope will once again behind Team GB.

This morning I spoke to two very proud parents of Norfolk athletes will be in Rio representing their country.

Natalie Greenough is our hope for medals in Judo and her Dad Phillip works at King's Lynn Volkswagen

Jessica Jane Applegate won gold at London 2012 and set many world records last year?

Good luck Super Humans

Good luck to the Super Humans!

Cold Feet -still warm?

6th September 2016

After 13 years Adam and friends returned to ITV for a new episode of Cold Feet last night.  Once a must watch show it was even branded the English version of friends but will it be as successful this time around?

At mine we've had a Cold Feet catch up over the past few days, it was still as good as ever, still as hard to watch Rachel's car crash and after the new 2016 version in my opinion as good.

Back to School 2016

5th September 2016

Back to SchoolBlenheim Park Primary

Today I spoke to children & parents who between them were both excited and nervous about the first day at school, but without doubt the stars of the show where Khloe and Amy who told me live on the radio how they felt about going to big school.

.  Listen to their calls below, somehow after speaking to them I think they will be just fine at their Primary Schools.

Back to SchoolHoward Infants

Back to SchoolAshill Primary

Back to School

Peckover Primary

Bucks Fizz on the £1K min

2nd September 2016

Test your 80's knowledge below, but first grab the last tickets for our party this Friday.

80's

Click here only 16 left!

This morning another 80's legend played the £1000 Minute on KL.FM Breakfast, Cheryl Baker had 60 seconds to make her mind up and 10 questions to answer from the decade that made her famous.

1k Bucks Fizz - interview and comp for web

Last week Rich form the Wild Boy's Eighties Band played and the week before it was the turn of Pat Sharp from the Fun House.

Challenge yourself and play along below, will you score more?

How do we improve Norfolk?

1st September 2016

Lovin' Norfolk

Norfolk Pics

Yesteray you may of heard me mention that our county is the 7th best place to bring to up a family in the UK, that's pretty fantastic but if we want to be even higher up the list we should be honest and look at what we don't like about where we live.

Norfolk Pics

Despite all of the good things there are plenty of ideas to give the place a shake and some improvments, here's just a few of the texts and tweets.

Si A47 defo needs duelling but being a tourist the other day, noticed road signs covered in green sap or obscured by trees. Got to Blakeney & couldn't find a waste bin & when we did, it was over flowing! Not portraying a well-managed area. Rob Dereham

Please please please better internet ours is rubbish

The one thing I think needs to change about Norfolk is to re-educate people who drive dangerously then more people will keep safe & stay alive!!! Ann from Sutton Bridge

Improve roads for traffic jams everywhere especially at weekends. Local but try and stay indoors kiss Hunstanton visit goodbye

Norfolk Pics

Listen to some callers opinions too.