Freya Ridings: CastlesiTunesAmazon

Blogs > Breakfast Blog > May 2018

May 2018

We are the champions

23rd May 2018

Mid Norfolk Youth League

Congrats to everyone involved with another great season in the Mid Norfolk Youth League

Mid Norfolk Youth League

I was once again host for the presentation of the league trophys and medals at this event attended by hundreds of players and their families.

Mid Norfolk Youth League

Well done to all the league winners which included the following teams.

Mid Norfolk Youth League

Dersingham Yellows

Downham

Docking

Refley

Fairstead

Swaffham

The Woottons

Also an amazing well done to the Terrington Under 8's who collected the Sporting Award.   This was achieved by scoring the highest rating for sportsmanship from all of their opponents after each game.

Hats off to Dobbies & Mountain Warehouse

22nd May 2018

Hats off

This week KL.FM discovered that West Newton Ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital was in need.   The ward for the elderly is a lovely ward, it has plenty of space, is bright and light and also has an amazing green space outside for patients and relatives.   However until today it seemed it may not have had as much use as it might of, that’s is intill Dobbies & Mountain Warehouse stepped in with the offer of sun hats for everybody on the ward.

After a little mention on my show all was sorted...

This amazing piece of generousity from both shops means those that wish to can enjoy a little bit of sunshine without going red or getting burnt during their stay at the QE.

Thanks again, this will make a huge difference.

Si

Dedicated Mars workers

18th May 2018

Mars Foods - Dedicated Care

These wonderful guys n girls gave up their own time yesterday to help create an amaxing garden for residents at a property owned by Dedicated Care in King’s Lynn.  They provide supported living and supported housing for adults with disabilities.

Was great to see the team from Mars Foods.

As for the 70s outfit, I’m just excited about KLFM’s Simply 70s night at the Corn Exchange.

Festival Too

14th May 2018

Festival Too

This year will be my 20th Festival Too, It’s one of my fav things about living in King’s Lynn.  We are so lucky to have a super event on our doorstep each and every year and best of all it’s completely free.  Over the years hundreds of household names have performed in front of thousands of locals and their fans who also travel to see their idols.   Festival Too is a perfect night out for all, a group of lads, a family and if you like it laid back there’s the new Sunday event as well, that is always a really chilled way to spend the afternoon.

When I revealed Pixie Lott as the first big name on my KLFM Breakfast Show on Friday listeners to the show also shared the memories of acts they’d seen in the past, its only when you sit back and look at who has been to the Festival in the last 33 years you realise just how big Festival Too really is. The list gave me an idea of just how much work goes in to it each year and also how much money must be needed to make it happen.  Since it all began 1985 the Tuesday Market Place has been home to Heather Small, The Feeling,  The Stranglers, Hot Chocolate, Suzi Quatro, Edwin Starr, Deacon Blue, Bucks Fizz, Scouting for Girls, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Leo Sayer, Busted, Human League, Atmoic Kitten, The Wanted, Space and so so many more.

There will of course be more names to reveal for this year but I think already it’s gonna be another amazing year for the event which is still one of the largest FREE festivals in Europe.

My favourite Festival Too would have to be the weekend of my 40th Birthday, my wife, some of my mates and load of others took the bus into town to see the absolutely amazing Scouting for Girls who I’ve always really loved,  I’d seen them at Thetford Forrest so was well pleased when they came to Lynn.  Aside from not having to work that night as Simon from KLFM it was great to enjoy the evening properly like most people get to do, it was also a great Festival Too for me as the night before whilst hosting the event the 15,000 strong crowd sang me Happy Birthday!  That felt amazing, a night, a Festival Too I’ll never ever forget.

Don’t forget this year’s Festival begins on Friday 30th June with entertainment on Kings Staith Square in King’s Lynn which as ever will end with another amazing Firework Display before the fun moves to the Tuesday Market Place on the 6th July.

Keep listening to my show in the mornings to hear who else will be singing at this years must not miss event.

West Norfolk Carers 40k

4th May 2018

This morning Emma from West Norfolk Carers came to KL.FM to share some very exciting news.  Yesterday the charity won £40,500 of National Lottery Funding from the Peoples Project.

WNC 40k

Find out what it means to them and what West Norfolk Careers do below.

Grand East Anglia Run 2018

3rd May 2018

This Sunday over 2000 people will take to the streets of King's raise thousands of pounds for charity and to run 10k in the Grand East Anglia Run,  I'll be on the start/finish line and can't wait to meet them.

The atmosphere at this event is amazing whatever the weather every single year, this year it's set to be a scorcher so please make sure you take on plenty of fluid and follow any rules/safety advice.

Here's just some of the great causes and people giving up their Sunday to take part.

2018 (63)